Friday, October 15, 2010

Red Wing Fanatic

Red Wing Fanatic: Danielle Floyd

Me: So you wouldn’t mind doing an interview on the Red Wings would you?
Danielle: Of course! This is my favorite subject to talk about.

Me: How long have you been a Red Wings fan?
Danielle: I have been a red wings fan since I was probably 8 years old.

Me: About how many games do you go to a year?
Danielle: I go to somewhere between 5-10 games a year. Just depends on who I know.

Me: You must have a favorite Red Wing since you’ve been watching so long, who would you say is your favorite?
Danielle: My favorite Red Wing is Chris Osgood. However, if I can have multiple answers, I pick Osgood, Filppula, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Modano, Zetterberg in that order.

Me: Would you say you are a religious Wings fan?
Danielle: I would for sure call myself a religious Wings fan, especially with all my game day superstitions.

Me: What superstitions do you have? Are they for the regular season or playoffs?
Danielle: No big superstitions for the regular season. But for the playoffs.. I wear the same outfit every playoff game day: my green Red Wings shirt, jeans, and my goalie charm bracelet. My nails also have to be painted red. More recently, I have to change my Facebook status the morning of the game to support the Wings. If I go to the bar, I can't sit at the bar to watch the game (this rule only applies if Kiel is working). I also have to put the Red Wings flag up on my car.

Me: What is your favorite Red Wing moment?
Danielle: I have a few favorite Red Wings moments... if you want more than one I am more than happy to tell them to you... but I guess if we're talking about games, I'd have to say watching them win the cup. Especially the year after Vladdy was in the car accident and the Wings put the Stanley Cup in his lap. My favorite non-game moment was Osgood blowing me a kiss at one of the parades.

No comments:

Post a Comment