Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Rundown: Hollywood Nights

Well the Wings and Johnathan Quick proved me wrong, I had absolutely nothing to worry about all night as the Wings just dominated this entire game...well until the end of the third where they decided that they played enough hockey and they could just skate around. 6 Wings scored 7 goals in a 7-4 victory over the Kings.

Onto the Rundown...

First Period-

So lets be honest. This game started out with a bit of a scare. Jimmy had a few lucky saves then let in a soft goal. I didn't hit the panic button yet, but things weren't looking good.

Drew Miller scored his first goal of the night on "King Cobra" a name that a roommate of mine gave Quick. I opened my first Miller Lite of the night. See, I kind of made it an unwritten law for myself that I would drink a Miller Lite every time Miller scores a goal. 30 seconds later, Cleary tipped in a nice shot from Hudler.

Lidstrom then got a power play goal, his 50th point of the season. It was a nice play by Holmstrom, doing what Holmstrom does best, sticking his ass in the goalies face.

Period ends, 3-1 Wings

Second Period-

Datsyuk dangled his way down the ice with the puck then shot it in the net, nothing new really. Just another day at the office for Pavel.

Third Period-

Darren Helm and that speed. His hands caught up with his legs finally! A nice short handed goal by Mr. Sock Toss himself. (I'll save the sock toss story for another day) Typically when I see Helm use his speed to skate by everyone I think to myself "oh jeez, here we go again." But, the kid surprised me.

Drew Miller scored his second goal of the night. Another beer please.

Happy Hudler scored himself a goal. 2nd goal in 2 games. I would love to see him carry on with this scoring. After a not-so-great start to the season, his game has improved a lot... and quite frankly, I think he deserves all the good things coming his way. (No, Stef did not pay me to say this.)

Crap. All hell is about to break loose.

Okay, I get it, we have 7 goals. Its late in the third. We could probably ease up on the Kings a little bit. But really, was it completely necessary to have them score 3 goals?

Eh, it's another win and another 2 points.


Broadcaster Quote of the Night:
"That's what you get when you bench Nick Lidstrom." -Ken Daniels


Go Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment