Saturday, February 12, 2011

Red Wings at Bruins, Bruins at Red Wings


After struggling since the All-Star Break, the Red Wings played ‘Red Wing Hockey’ Friday night against the Boston Bruins. The 2 teams have a 'home and home' this weekend. The first meeting was Friday night where the Wings crushed the Bruins 6-1. The next game between these two is tomorrow at 12:30.

Friday night, the Wings came ready to play. I admit, I was a bit scared coming into tonight’s game. The Wing’s haven’t been playing their best hockey. Being a Wings fan, we’re constantly spoiled by their success, so it’s hard to not worry when things aren’t going so well. I’m sure Babcock put on his mean face (or his meaner face) and whipped these boys back into shape.

And, one more thing. Zdeno Chara (or as Ken Daniels calls him, Chair-a) scares me. The guy can shoot a puck 105.9 MILES. PER. HOUR. I worry that Jimmy Howard might just crap his pants if he were to be hit with a shot like that. (which by the way, would that cause a delay of game penalty or something? I mean, I don’t think he would be allowed to play in such conditions.)

Anyways... to the rundown...

First Period- Only 1:50 into the game, ‘Tuzzi scored putting the good guys up on the board. 2 minutes later, Danny Cleary put one in the back of the net with some help from some of THR’s favorites, Jiri Hudler and Niklas Kronwall. By the end of the first, Boston had scored a goal making the score 2-1.

Second Period- HAPPY. HUDLER. What a great goal for Huds just a couple minutes into the second period. What a great pass from Zetterberg too. I’m so glad Hudler is finally picking his game up and picking up some points as well. 3-1. The Red Wing’s Power Play showed up Friday night too with Z scoring a goal. 4-1. Then, it happened again, ‘Tuzzi scored another goal! At this point, I was beginning to make plans to go to Arby’s and get my curly fries. With an entire period left, I was ready to put money on the Tuzz scoring a third. 5-1.

Third Period- The third had the Bruins frustrated. Brad Marchand tried scrapping with Patrick Eaves. Eaves just kind of gave him a confused look and skated away. I don’t know why, but I found this extremely funny. I also kind of felt like a proud mom watching Eaves turn down an opportunity to fight. Good for you Patrick. The final goal of the game was another PP goal from Mr. Holmstrom. Homer tipped the puck in while standing in his office. 6-1. It’s great to see him back in the line-up and pissing off goalies.


Great effort by the Wings on Friday night. I can only hope they keep it up tomorrow when they face the Bruins again. Stef will be going to the game and collecting more free Osgood memorabilia. It seems to be all she ever gets now when she goes to the Joe.

Game Predictions:

Player of the Game
Stef: Thomas Holmstrom
Danielle: Henrik Zetterberg

Final Score
Stef: Wings 4-2
Danielle: Wings 3-1

No comments:

Post a Comment