Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Rundown: A Night of Happy and Dangles.

Well, tonight was the "Miller Bowl" it seemed like every chance that Ken and Murph got, they had to mention how Ryan and Drew were brothers. If I were Mom and Pop Miller, I would be kinda pissed that Drew was pulled from the line-up tonight. Oh well, the game must go on.

Anyways, after going down by 2 in the first, I thought that this game was just about over. I was a bit worried with JoeyMac in net.. I'm not sure why though, it seems like most of the time he's in net he plays pretty well. The Wings made a comeback though and eventually won the game in overtime.

Here's the Rundown...

First Period-


  • Mike Modano took the first face-off of the night and won. Modano took that first shift out on the ice after 41 games and showed me that he was more than ready to be back. Welcome back Modano, so happy to see you again.
  • Can I get an "Ug-ly Jer-sey" chant, please? Buffalo's jerseys are tough to look at. And whats up with that ugly stitching on the numbers. Ew.
  • So at one point in the first, Draper was battling in the corner for the puck but all I noticed was the Buffalo mascot rubbing his ass up against the boards. Real classy Buffalo, real classy.
  • Did anyone else notice Kronwall and Cleary just totally take each other out? You would think that Mr. Kronwall himself would know better and keep his head up while he was skating. But nope, just decided to skate right into Cleary and they both fell down.
  • So, JoeyMac let in 2 goals this period, which resulted in our defensemen and even our forwards playing goalie, it seemed.
  • 0-2, Buffalo after 1.

Second Period-

  • All I wanted at the start of this period was a quick goal. That didn't happen. After Kronner had 10 great shots that didn't go in, Datsyuk finally scored one for the good guys.
  • For a moment, I thought I saw Lidstrom check someone. Not believing what I had saw the first time, I pressed the rewind button and sure enough, it was real. I didn't know that he was capable of such mean things.
  • After the Datsyuk goal, a pretty purple octopus was thrown out on the ice. I love Wings fans.
  • Second period ended 1-2, Buffalo still in the lead.
  • As the second period came to a close, this conversation took place between Ken and Murph:
Ken said something about how Murph had to talk about the first 2 periods during the intermission... THEN...

Murphy: I was planning on taking it off, goin' for a hot dog, but I guess I have to work instead.
Ken: You've already had two, that's enough.
Murphy: They're free here! If it's free, it's for Larry... That's my motto.
Ken: I know. Its our Degree second intermission, so Murph will be along, I'll try to pick him up another dog.
I cannot express the joy I felt hearing Murph talk about hot dogs. It brings a smile to my face everytime... Oh, the little things in life.


Third Period-

  • Not much going on in the third.
  • Then.....HAPPY HUDLER!!!! Wings Goal. All tied up!
  • Ryan Miller, there are so many mean things I wish I could say about you, but I just can't get myself to do it. I couldn't even trash talk you during the game.
Shoot-out-
  • Pavel set the tone with a nice back hand shot that got past Miller. Then, Hudler gave Miller a little look, took the puck, and shot it in.Wings win the shoot-out, Wings win the game.

Next up - The Kings. Monday night. Let's hope they don't have Quick in the net.


As always, Go Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment