Thursday, February 17, 2011

Warm-Up: Detroit @ Tampa

The Red Wings will make a visit to Steve Yzerman tonight as they face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Yzerman, who spent all of his hockey-playing career in Detroit is now the General Manager for the Lightning... which is "news" that most of you should already know. However, I've noticed in the papers that the media needs to constantly remind us all that:

1. Yzerman played hockey here in Detroit.
2. We were all sad when he retired.
3. He now works in Tampa.

All three of these things should be common knowledge for any Detroit sports fan, yet, the news needs to repeat each of those things NUMEROUS times just to drill it in our brains some more so that we all get teary-eyed just thinking about our (old) Captain.


Making his return to the line up tonight is D-man Brad Stuart. Ruslan Salei is out. No worries though, he's not injured or anything, just going to have some "family time" as his wife is expecting.

This weekend is also the "Dad's Trip" where the Wings get to bring their fathers or grandfathers, uncles, brothers, whoever, on the trip. Its made for some good coverage.

Game Predictions-

Player of the Game-
Stef- Pavel Datsyuk ...dangle, dangle
Danielle- Danny Cleary

Final Score-
Stef- 3-2, Wings
Danielle- 3-1, Wings

Check back after the game for the Rundown.


On a side note, my Mom called me yesterday to tell me that my Dad goes to get his hair cut with the celebrities. Apparently my Dad goes to the same barber as the Tampa Bay Lightning team. I won't believe it until I see a picture of my Dad sitting next to Steve Yzerman.

No comments:

Post a Comment