Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Rundown: In your face, goalie!

Well the Wings beat Ovi and the Caps in what was a pretty good game.

Before we start, I just want to say how much I really enjoy the Washington Capitals. Ever since the HBO 24/7 special, I've gained a ton of respect and a new perspective of this team... yeah.. they're becoming one of my new favorite non-wings team (yeah, those exist.)

1st Period-

Heard most of the 1st period in the car.

Zetterberg had a nice one-timer to get the Wings up on the board first. 1-0 Wings.

But what would you know, the Caps come back seconds later and tie it up. 1-1.

Brian Rafalski pass to Filppula who was in front of the net, seemed like a lot of chaos was going on at the time. However, Filppula shot the puck (what?!) and scored. Before the game started I told my dad that Filppula would score a goal. Yeah, I was right. No big deal. Fil was just representing us Finns on St. Urho's Day. 2-1, Wings.


Second Period-

It was only a matter of time before Ovi scored. 2-2. Mike Knuble had a nice chance for the caps to go up, but Jimmy Howard was like "Hell no, bitch." Denied. I also want to add that I told my dad Ovechkin would score a goal tonight. I wish I was making this stuff up, but this game is going pretty much as I predicted. All I need now is a Helm goal and a Datsyuk goal oh and a Mike Knuble goal... then I'll go play the lottery.

Did anyone else get chills when Mickey started talking about Konstantinov??


Third Period-

So Zetterberg got hit, there should have been a penalty. But you know what... its all good that the ref's suck at their job because Z got the puck and scored... off of the face of Capitals goalie, Michal Neuvirth. 3-2 Wings.

Jimmy gave us a bit of a scare with SECONDS left in the game. The Caps fired a shot and got the goal post. I thought for sure we were going for another OT and another shootout. Thank god THAT didn't happen.




Anyways... The Red Wings Win the Good Ol' Hockey Game! We ended the Capitals win streak and now we're carrying on a nice streak of our own.
Also, my pre-game prediction didn't completely come true. Oh well...

Broadcaster Quote of the Game-
"That ain't wood down there"- Ken Daniels

Up Next, The Bluejackets, tomorrow.


Go Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment