Friday, March 4, 2011

The Rundown: Shark Attack

First of all, I apologize for the untimely updates. After this week, they'll be on time. Promise.

Anyways, the Sharks beat the Wings last night 3-1, much as I predicted. The Sharks dominated pretty much the entire game. Joey MacDonald didn't have the best game either...


Onto The Rundown....


  • The Sharks scored early in the game. I wasn't too surprised by this. In fact, I kind of expected it. I felt that if the Wings didn't come out strong, it would just all go downhill. With the loss the night before, the Wings needed to start the game off with making a statement... like scoring first... so much for that.

  • The Wings went on a power play and Nik Kronwall scored. Oh wait, no he didn't. The refs called the goal back. I thought it was a bit ridiculous, it seemed like Franzen was pushed into Niemi.

  • But no worries, the Wings responded right away. Modano had a nice shot to the net and Holmstrom tipped in the puck. Wings tied it up 1-1.

  • Unfortunately, that would be the first and only Wings goal of the night.

  • The first ended with the Wings and Sharks in a bit of a scruff. Kronwall slashed Thorton and Thorton retaliated. This got me thinking... how cool would it be to see Kronwall just fight someone. I mean, we all know Kronwall can hit... very well... but he's not much of a fighter. I would just once like to see him in a fight. Either he'll just dominate and completely pound someone into the ice, or he'll just get his ass kicked. hmm...

  • The Sharks scored 2 more times during the game. The third goal made me think that JoeyMac has ADD or something... The guy can save the puck... then he just kinda wanders away from the net or looks up into space and stops paying attention to whats going on in front of him. He's let in quite a few soft goals this season, making me way to nervous every time he's between the pipes.

  • Next up, the Wings go to Phoenix to take on the Coyotes.

Go Wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment