Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Playoff Routine

The Playoffs. They come with hopes and dreams of Lord's Stanley Cup. They also come with the anxiety and frustration of yelling at the TV, celebrating goals by screaming at the top of your lungs, and many "superstitions." Over the next few posts, Stef and I will be sharing our playoff superstitions... some may seem over the top... some may seem outright foolish... but anyway you think about it, there is no way that what we do in our own personal life have anything to do with how the Wings perform on the ice... right?

Here's just a rundown on some of my superstitions for game day:

1. Must change my facebook status every game day to something Red Wings related. Said status must end with a list of 3 or 4 of my favorite Red Wings numbers. Kind of like the lottery. Example status:
LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! <3 43 <3 55 <3 51 <3 44 <3
(yes, hearts are included)

2. Facebook picture is changed to a picture of one of the Wings scoring a goal, saving a puck, starting a fight.

3. Wear the hideous, old, torn, lime green Hockeytown Cafe shirt. This shirt is probably about 9 years old now but, I wear it EVERY playoff game day. (and yes, I wash it after every wear)

4. The Playoff Bracelet. My Aunt used to make charm bracelets. One year she made red and white Red Wings themed bracelets with a little goalie charm on it. I call it my "Osgood Bracelet" ... looks like I can't call it that anymore.

5. The Car Flag. This tradition started last season. I put up the black "Hockeytown" car flag up on the back seat drivers side window. Any other window is a fail.

6. Red Nail Polish. Red Nail Polish is necessary during the playoffs. Not only do I support my team with my choice of color. It also stops nervous habits... such as biting my nails.

...That's it... for now... until one of my roommates tries to convince me that I have to wash dishes every game day...

Go Wings!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Wash dishes! That's a WONDERFUL idea! And you're really gonna be doing laundry after EVERY game?!

    ReplyDelete