Friday, October 21, 2011

Warm-Up: Columbus @ Detroit

What is this blog? Whats hockey? I don't remember...


Well first of all, I have some explaining to do... I apologize to everyone for not posting as much lately, but I promise I'll be better at it. Now that I have to be a "functioning member of society" in the "real world" there isn't much time for blogging... especially since I've been spending a lot of time with my two new best friends, Hank and Jon. >>>

(sorry, I had to... SO COOL)


Anyways... On with the good stuff...

The Warm-Up:

Tonight, our Red Wings open up the season against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Oh, wait, the season already started. I forgot... I thought it was still the off-season due to lack of Red Wings games. It's the first of 6 meetings between these two teams this season. The Wings haven't played a game since last Saturday so hopefully all time off spent shooting guns, serving coffee, making pizzas, and grocery shopping haven't worn them out too much.

The Blue Jackets are going for their first win of the season tonight (they're 0-5-1) and the Wings are looking to keep their undefeated season alive (4-0-0).

Injuries/Scratches:

Mike Commodore - Knee
Jan Mursak- Ankle


Patrick Eaves - Healthy Scratch


Other Notes:

It's Breast Cancer Awareness night at the Joe... lots of pink!

I have to say.. I've been quite impressed with Jiri Hudler so far. Yes, I know, the season is still VERY YOUNG but the little guy has been very good out on the ice. Maybe his summer spent working out with that MMA trainer will actually pay off. Also, I'm becoming a big fan of this Ian White character.

The Wings power play also needs to start showing up.

Predictions:

Final Score:

Stef - 5-2, Wings
Danielle - 3-1, Wings

Player of the Game:

Stef- Henrik Zetterberg
Danielle- Darren Hell (nope, I didn't spell it wrong, that's how he spells it. for real.)

As always, Go Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment