Saturday, November 5, 2011

Warm-Up: Anaheim @ Detroit. Something's Gotta Give


Warm-Up:

Well, We're not used to this.

The Wings have lost their last 6 games. Is it time to hit the panic button? Has the panic button already been hit? Is this just some sort of terrible dream in some alternate universe? Is anyone even listening to me?

Oh the frustration!

I've thought about this way too much lately. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I need to pull out some of the playoff superstitions? Maybe I need to stop watching hockey for a week, take a step back and actually breathe. Maybe I've just lost my mind.

ANYWAYS -

The Ducks (5-5-3) are coming to the Joe tonight to try to extend the Wing's losing streak. Our boys in the red and white have a lot to prove though and should come out strong. We need a good showing from guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk to get the rest of the team going. Or maybe we even need an unsung hero like a Helm or Abdelkader to make some good plays and get some pucks in the net. (Because, after all, according to Larry Murphy, "the net is where all the cookies are.")


Or.. maybe Datsyuk can just beat Corey Perry's ass again tonight. That should get the Wings pumped up. It gets me pumped up.

Things just need to go our way tonight. (I'm looking at you, refs)

Injuries/Scratches:

Kindl is the healthy scratch.
Eaves is out with a back injury.
Bertuzzi is out with an illness.

Other notes-

If the Wings somehow come out of this game with a loss, I'm arranging a prayer circle or something for tomorrow. Or at least I'll start going to see a shrink.


Predictions:

Final Score-
Stef 3-2, Wings
Danielle 4-1, Wings

Player of the Game-
Stef - Pavel Datsyuk
Danielle - Darren Helm


GO WINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment